Our school year will run from September 11th, 2021 to May 21st, 2022.
Form of Instruction
The GSSB is currently planning to continue “online-only instruction” for grades KG through 12 (DSD2.2), Preschool classes will be in-person at the Boylston Schulverein in Walpole.
There are several reasons for this decision:
- The Town of Lexington informed us that the conditions for renting the Diamond Middle School building are not yet available. We recognize that many families prefer some form of in-person instruction. However, without a physical school building, we can only provide online instruction for the coming months.
- As the COVID-19 situation is still fluid we are unable to commit to teaching in person at this time. For planning purposes, this left us with the remote option as the only choice. We will carefully evaluate the situation this summer and again in the fall. A safe and effective in-person operation may be possible if the circumstances have changed at that time.
Online Registration and Payment Timing
Please register here (https://app.sycamoreschool.com/admissions/index.php?schoolid=2132) as early as possible to help us ensure a smooth placement process.
Registration will take place as follows:
- Registration for current families: March 20 – April 10, 2021 (starting at 10am EST on 3/20/2021)
- Registration for new and waitlisted families: May 1 – May 22, 2021 (starting at 10am EST on 5/1/2021) (the Link for new families will be updated closer to the registration period)
Payments are due as follows:
- Payment for current families: April 30, 2021
- Payment for newly accepted families: June 30, 2021
Preference for Returning Students
We guarantee classroom space for returning students who register by April 10, 2021 and pay by April 30, 2021. Please note that siblings have priority over students of new families if the siblings register by April 10.
The tuition rates include the school instruction as well as books and supplies. This also includes library privileges (non-GSSB students can become library users for $50 per year).
Please note that last year, we offered a $20 discount for ACH payments (bank transfer). This year the tuition already includes the $20 discount and the below rates apply if paid via ACH. Credit cards can still be used, but a 2.2% charge will be added.
- 1st Child
- Preschool-11th Grade: $1,420.00
- 12th Grade: $730.00
- 2nd and 3rd Child
- Preschool – 11th Grade: $970.00
- 12th Grade: $480.00
- Max. Tuition Rate (Family of 4 or more children): $4,350.00
- Adult Class (11 weeks, spring semester only): $415.00
- Preschool Supplement: $160.00
- Kindergarten Supplement: $160.00 (will only be charged if we switch to in-person)
- 1st Grade Supplement: $100.00 (will only be charged if we switch to in-person)
- Registration Fee: $50.00
- Payment Plan Fee: $50.00 (hardship waiver available). Three installments: June 7, July 31, Sept 1. Please e-mail email@example.com if you would like to set up an installment tuition plan.
We will have a significant reduction in parent volunteer participation during a fully remote schoolyear or an in-person schoolyear during this pandemic. Hallway Monitors, Cafeteria helpers, Coffee-Corner helpers, Room Parents, and Playgroup helpers are unfortunately not needed at this time. The Library-, IT-, Communications-, and the Event – Team will be significantly reduced. The team leads will decide on next schoolyear’s parent volunteers within their current parent volunteer participants. Thus, during this year’s registration process you will not be asked to sign up for a certain volunteer position. It is our hope to go back to all our parent volunteer positions once this pandemic with all its regulations is over.
Tuition Refund Policy
With the exception of the Supplements, all fees are non-refundable. In case of withdrawal, notification must be made in writing to the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. The withdrawal policy provides for refunds as follows:
- Prior to August 1, 2021 – 100% of the tuition
- Prior to the second day of school – 75% of the tuition
- Prior to the third day of school – 50% of the tuition
- After the third day of school – no refund
Tuition Assistance Program
The German Saturday School Boston (GSSB) is pleased to offer a Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) (https://dssb.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/EftsBbQGnJNEl759xyEpGLABSRU_59l7cvZYmjykeKq7wg?e=bTbvWA). Applicants must submit a completed application form (https://dssb.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/ETghJLWVlKRLiIK5ZQ57obsBySGX64Hs6fIwZ3yDQIqcJQ?e=6Orum5) and all supporting documentation to email@example.com.
Additional information for Preschool-Students, Sprachdiplom-Students and Students with an IEP
All children entering our preschool class must be 4 years old by August 31, 2021, and toilet trained. It is recommended that they have previous preschool, playgroup, or daycare experience. Parents of preschool applicants need to show their child’s birth certificate or passport on the FIRST day of school as proof that the child meets the age requirements. Failing to provide proof of age will result in the loss of the place in the preschool program at the German Saturday School Boston. Tuition will be refunded according to our refund policy.
Sprachdiplom DSD I and DSD II Students
If your child wishes to continue their studies of German beyond 9th grade next year, you need to register your child by April 10. Acceptance of registered students for a Sprachdiplom class will be contingent on a teacher recommendation (you will be receiving communications from the Vice Principal explaining the requirements for these classes). If a student cannot be accepted to a Sprachdiplom class, the tuition payment will be reimbursed.
Students with an IEP
If your child is on an Individualized Education Program (IEP) in his or her regular school, please indicate this on your online enrollment form under your child’s “Applications” tab. Also, please provide the principal with a copy of the IEP documentation before the beginning of the school year.