There will be 30 Saturday morning classes (9:30am-12:30pm). School calendar is not confirmed yet, but school is scheduled to start on September 9, 2017 and to end on May 19, 2018.
- Registration Periods and Fees
- Tuition Rates
- Refund Policy
- Registration Process for Returning Families
- Registration Process for New and Waitlisted Families
Registration Periods and Fees
- March 19 – April 9, 2017 : Returning families can register and pay invoice*).
- March 25, April 1 and April 8, 2017: Returning families can register and pay in school
- April 29, 2017: Late fee of $200/returning families applies to open invoices
- May 20, 2017: Students of returning families who registered but have not paid are un-enrolled and spaces opened to waitlisted and new students
*) Invoices will be posted to the family’s Sycamore account within 24 hours of registration. Prompt payment is preferred. Payment is accepted from March 19, 2017 until May 19, 2017 (a late fee will be applied on and after April 29, 2017)
- April 29 – May 19, 2017: New and waitlisted families can register online
- May 6, 2017: New and waitlisted families can register in person in school
- June 2017: New and waitlisted families are informed if space is available. Families who have been offered a space can pay via PayPal. Students that were not placed, will be waitlisted.
- July 2, 2017: Students in all families with unpaid invoices are un-enrolled and spaces are reassigned to waitlisted students.
- $50 if paying by check instead of online
- Transaction fees assessed by PayPal and other financial institutions are included in the tuition fees, and non-refundable.
- $1375**, PS/KG, $975/sibling
- $1250**, all grades except PS/KG, $850/sibling
- $800**, DSD II, half year, $425/sibling
- $3,750** max tuition / family with 4 or more children enrolled
** A Rebate of $350/per family will be granted to families who assist with the school’s operation as indicated on the enrollment form.
Our school works so well because of the involvement of parents. We have many areas where parents can contribute to and help run our school, from working in the library, to organizing events, and staffing hallway safety as well as helping with administrative, marketing and IT tasks.
Tuition rates include books, supplies, and library privileges.
Tuition Assistance: The school may be able to provide some help with tuition payments to returning families with exceptional financial need through the school’s modest Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). Please review our TAP Policy and our TAP Form.
Withdrawals must be submitted to the registrar in writing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition (minus minus applicable transaction fees per student) will be refunded as follows:
- Before August 1, 2017: Full tuition
- Before 2nd day of school: 75% refund
- Before 3rd day of school: 50% refund
- After 3rd day of school: No refund
Late fees and applicable transaction fees are non-refundable. If the school recommends a child withdraw from school for non-disciplinary reasons, tuition less non-refundable fees will be refunded in proportion to the number of classes left in the school year. This rule does not apply if a family withdraws a child on their own terms, or if the student is expelled from school due to a disciplinary incident, in which case the tuition and all fees are non-refundable.
Registration Process for Returning Families
- Returning families register with our Sycamore Parent Portal. Please login into your account and go to My School -> Enrollment -> Online Portal
-> During the registration process you will receive e-mail messages confirming completing enrollment and payment. Full tuition payment is required to complete the registration process for returning families.
Note: Registration will be closed between April 10 and April 28, 2016. On April 29, 2017 we will open up registration to new families.
Registration Process for New and Waitlisted Families
- New and waitlisted families will apply online through the Sycamore Online Admissions Portal beginning on April 29 until May 19, 2017: New Families Registration Link (opens on April 29)
-> New and waitlisted families will register for a new account first. Once registered, they will receive an e-mail with login information to the Admissions Portal to enter all required student and family information.
-> At this point, no payment is requirement.
-> In June, families will be notified if student(s) can or cannot be enrolled at that time. Families, who are notified that a space is available, will receive an invoice that has to be paid in full via PayPal by July 2, 2016. Within this period, parents of incoming preschool students have to provide the school with a copy of their child’s birth certificate for age verification purpose.
-> Students are accepted once payment is made.
-> Students that are not accepted are waitlisted. If a space opens up at a later time, families will be notified immediately.
-> If payment (or birth certificate for preschool applicants) is not received by July 1, 2017, the assigned space is lost, and if available, space is reassigned to waitlisted students.
Preference for Returning Students & Assignment Priority
-> We guarantee classroom space for returning students who register by April 9, 2017. We do our best to accommodate all returning families, but cannot guarantee spaces for siblings (in the majority of cases this is not a problem!).
-> Siblings of returning students have priority over students in new families until April 9, 2017.
-> Students on the waiting list have priority over non-waitlisted students
-> Students in new families where families signed up for assisting in school operations, have priority over students in families who are not participating in the program.
-> Order of registration received (time of submitted registration)
All children entering our preschool class must be 4 years old by August 31, 2017 and toilet trained. It is recommended that they have previous preschool, playgroup or daycare experience.
Parents of preschool applicants must present a copy of the child’s birth certificate or passport on the FIRST day of school at the administration desk. Failing to provide proof of age will result in the loss of the place in the preschool program at the German Saturday School Boston. Tuition will be refunded according to our refund policy.
All parents of enrolled preschoolers are required to be present outside of the preschool classroom at least 10 times throughout the year to assist with potty runs and class activities.
Individualized Education Program (IEP)
If your child is on an Individualized Education Program (IEP) in his or her regular school, please note this on your enrollment form and provide the principal with a copy of the IEP documentation before the beginning of the school year. In some cases, the school may request regular classroom assistance from parents (which can fall under the parent participation program.)
The German Saturday School Boston does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, country or ethnic origin.
Ask the registrar at email@example.com